Sunday, March 11, 2007

 

Confession

I've got a confession to make. I'm lazy. Remarkably lazy. Last month, I put in only ~9K hands of cash game poker. I would have played more but I was only breaking even (actually lost slightly since I ran at -0.48PTBB/100) and that discouraged me from playing more. Once I played enough hands to maintain my GoldStar VIP status on PokerStars, I stopped. And for the first week of March, I've only played 800hands or so. I'm now playing at $200NL and if I want to keep moving up, I've definitely got to put in about 20K hands per month.

The grind of playing cash games is remarkably boring and I can't play MTTs anymore since I don't have the luxury of blocks of 5-6hrs of free time to commit to MTTs. So if any of you out there have any advice on how I can motivate myself to put in the requisite number of hands, please tell me. The only idea I have right now is to buy a 22inch monitor and start 12-15 tabling as opposed to the 8-10 tables that I currently do.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?