Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

Random thoughts

"Hi. My name is Jane. I'm 38 yrs old. I had a really difficult childhood. My dad abused me. He battered me. He hit my mom. He hit my sisters too. I took the brunt of it though. Once, when I was 4, he hit me so hard that I fell and hit my head against a chair and blacked out. My sisters told me that I was unconscious for a few days. They also told me that after that incident, I was never really the same again. I don't know though. I can't really remember that incident or my dad for that matter. People tell me that he died in jail and that he deserved it.

My mum sent me to a regular school but they said that I couldn't fit in. They said that I was too slow and that I needed to go to a special school. I didn't want to go since I liked my school. I made new friends and I liked wearing our navy blue uniform. Fortunately, I liked my new school. I made new friends pretty quickly and the sky blue uniform is much nicer. The teachers were nice too.

Then I turned 18 and they told me that I had graduated. And graduating means that I have to leave the school. I didn't want to graduate but my teachers and mother told me that I had to. I remembered receiving my diploma in front of my friends, teachers and family. Graduating made me happy. But sad too since I can't go to school anymore.

After graduating, they found me a job. I worked in a kitchen. I help the cook cut vegetables and meat. My supervisors have been very happy with my work. I really like it. I've never missed a day of work in 20 years. Everyone is very friendly to me and I say hello to everyone I meet. This place is like school except I get paid every month. I give my mom the money and I think it makes her happy that I had graduated and have a job now.

I hope I won't have to graduate from work."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?