Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

Tilt me not

Today I put in about 2000 hands of NL cash game and very quickly dropped 3 buy-ins due to 1) set busted by runner runner straight, 2) set busted by 2-pair that turned a higher full house 3) an audacious bluff attempt that almost worked since opponent used up his time bank before calling. Despite quickly losing the 3 buy-ins, I did not tilt at all and kept plugging away and eventually got back to even. However, almost right at the end, I dropped another buy-in when another set got busted by a flush after money went in on the flop. Overall though, despite booking a 1 buy-in loss for the session, I'm very happy at the way I played and controlled my tilt. Just need to keep plugging away and eventually all will be ok....

On another note, since I started playing cash games, I've started accumulating the Stars FPP points very quickly. At the rate I'm going right now, I'll definitely get GoldStar status and am a pretty sure bet for Platinum Star. And the stuff on the FPP store doesn't look to shabby. I'll probably spend the points getting StubHub gift certificates or entries into the Sunday Million.

Later.

Comments:
It was fun playing the barrage. Hopefully we can do one again this weekend. I get bored with MTT's but knowing other FCPers were playing as well made it more interesting. I hope we all have a better showing next time. Take care and good job on staying close to even instead of tilting everything off.

Oh... and with your FPPs, play the 40 FPP MTT's to the EPT. They are SO EASY. I won 2 and came close on 2 others. If I can win them anyone can. You can either play the next sattelite to got to the EPT or you can cash your winnings for 4000 FPPs. So if you having something in mind for purchase, this is an easy way to accumulate points. However, the points you win will not raise your star level.

Take care and much success at the poker tables.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?