Sunday, January 07, 2007

 

Brutal downswing. 3500 hands in

So I completed 3500 hands yesterday and the result was a 6 buy-in downswing. Good news though is that I only got in my money bad once when my overpair got hit by a set (after I had 3-betted my QQ from OOP big). Got coolered when my EP AQ raise hit top two on an Ad-Qd-Jd board where my opponent hit his flush. If the flop was Ad-Qd-5d, I think I can get away from the hand. With the Jd, {AJ, QJ} become 2 more hands that I beat and thus commits me to the felt with my top 2. Got sucked-out out when sitting at 1.5 buy-ins deep, I got c/raised all-in on the flop holding KK and my opponent hit his OESD on the turn. Lost another big pot when my opponent insisted on calling pot-sized bets on flop and turn with his flush draw which he hit on the river. Another cooler when my QQ ran into KK. Then got a whole bunch of AK and AQ where I raised preflop and my c-bet got c/raised and I had to fold. Oh well...

I'm quite excited about the FPPs. At my current clip, I should be able to get Platinum Star by the end of the month and if I'm diligent about putting in the hands, I should get an EPT package within a year.

Anyway, I'm going to be playing some MTT Lollerments today. I ran pretty well in Lollerments last Fall where I final tabled at least once a week. Hope that's the case today. +EV me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?