Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

Another final table

Over the past 2 days, I've played a whole bunch of SNGs and MTTs and I'm really really happy at how I've been playing. Anyway, I final tabled another Stars $22 180-SNG today. Lost a coinflip 3-handed with 77 vs A9, got crippled and busted out soon after. If I had won that flip, I would have been heads up with a 4-1 chip lead.

I think I played really well the whole tournament and am feeling super confident about my tournament game right now. Over the 3 or 4 weeks, I've made a few adjustments to my MTT play.

1. I'm taking more speculative flops in position in the early levels.
2. Paying more attention to my opponent's patterns and betting tendencies. Also taking more notes about their play.
3. More willing to take coinflips in midstages of tournaments.
4. Playing more hands in position and controlling the pot size better. Against some opponents and given some boards, I've been checking my top pair hands on the turn more to keep the pot manageable. Also, it induces my opponent to bet out a weaker hand on the river or attempt a bluff.
5. Also gotten better at putting my opponents on hand ranges.

Anyway, I won't be able to play any poker for the next couple of days since I'll be attending a wedding. I think it'll be a really good break from all the poker that I've been playing over the past week or so. I'll be back refreshed and ready to tackle more MTTs. Just hope that my cash game rut ends soon too...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?