Friday, January 05, 2007

 

20K hands by the end of this week

Due to some delays at the office, I won't actually be starting work on Monday. And a snap plan to take a weekend trip to Bangkok fell through. That means that I'll have the whole of next week free. I've set a goal to play at least 20K hands of NL cash by the end of the week. 6-tabling, I go through 400-500 hands an hour, so that means that I need to put in about 40-50 hours over the next 6 days or so. Definitely do-able. Wish me +EV.

Some thoughts about NL cash games a few thousand hands in.

1) Ppl get committed to overpairs too easily. Often, a lonely pair of Aces is not good enough to play a big pot.
2) Position, position, position. It's soooo fkn crucial!! A lot of players have no understanding whatsoever about how the playability of their hands is affected by their position.
3) Set-mining. It's teh nutz.
4) 3-betting preflop. I've been 3-betting preflop with a wider range of hands now and I feel really comfortable doing it. A lot of players are really tight and won't 3-bet in position with hands like AK or QQ.
5) Firing the 2nd barrel on the turn. I am still uncomfortable and unsure when doing this is the right move. Really oppponent dependent.
6) Bankroll. Bankroll management is teh nutz too...

I'll keep posting updates about this 20K hands goal. Hopefully, I'll be robusto at the end of it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?