Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Triple Draw

For some reason, for the past few days, I've had this itch to play Triple Draw. The last time I played it was in the 20/40 mixed games in Vegas over a month ago and I don't really enjoy the game that much. Maybe I'm just sick of NLHE.

Playing SNGs in the past few days, I've been encountering more and more of the gaybet. For those who are familiar with the donkbet, the gaybet is simply the minimum bet version of the donkbet. It just comes out of no where and has zero fold equity. Here's an example from a SNG I played. 100/200 level. Donk (2.5K) limps and with KK, I raise to 700 behind him and he calls. Flop is all rags and he gaybets 200 into a pot of 1700, I raise to 600 and he folds. Now this gaybet serves no purpose. By betting 200 into a pot of 1700, he's offering me almost 10-1 odds on my call and justifying me calling with overcards, flush draw, OESD, ISD, bottom pair, etc. He's just spewing chips with that bet because he would need me to fold about 11% of the time and I don't think any who raises 3.5X preflop in a SNG is going to fold any more than 5% of the time. So all the gaybettor does is spew chips.

When I first encountered the gaybet, I used to suspect a monster and simply flat called behind with hands like AK that missed or JJ/TT/QQ with overcard(s) on the flop and allowed them to hit their draw or weird 2 pair. Now, I think most of the time, the gaybet signifies a draw of some sort. So a lot of the time, a healthy raise should take down the pot.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?