Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

Bodog MTTs

I played in a couple of MTTs on Bodog today. First time I've played MTTs in about 2-3 weeks now. Made deep runs but didn't cash in any.

Bodog 12K (450+ players)

I think Bodog MTTs are good because of there's always a significant overlay, but their software and late tournament blind structure sucks big time. Anyway, I slowly chipped up without any major confrontations till the first break. Had a huge double up at the 150/300 level. AJs in the BB with 3.5K behind. Folded to Villain on the button who raises to 900 on a steal. SB folds and I shove. Villain thinks for a while and then calls with Q9s. I make 2 pair and double up.

Soon, we're down to 48 players and 45 spots pay. 400/800 and I have A3o in the BB with 9K behind. Folds around to Villain (12K) on the button and he raises to 3000. I don't have any read on the Villain since I just got moved to the table but it smells suspiciously like a steal. So I shove and he thinks for a long time before calling with A8 and I don't suck out. GG. I suck.

Bodog 4K (450+ players)

Got a couple of big hands early on, AA and KK and more than doubled up on those hands. Then this hand comes up at the 200/400 level. I had KJ in the BB with 6.5K behind and 3 players limp in, SB completes and I check my option. Flop comes A-J-8 and it's checked all around. Turn is a King, giving me 2 pair. I bet 1200 into the 2000 pot and Villain (18K) flat calls. River is a T making a board of A-J-8-K-T and I check. Villain bets 1500 into a 4200 pot and I call, getting almost 4-1 odds. Of course, Villain shows the Q-T for the turned straight. Was my call correct? When I made that call, I figured that a lot of the time, Villain will show Ace-rag and my middle two pair would be good and with 4-1 odds, the call was made easier. But in retrospect, there are not too many hands that I can beat because AJ, A8, AT, 88 and Qx are easily hands that Villain might have and so, 4-1 odds may not be good enough. Any thoughts?

My demise came a few hands after that. Still at 200/400. I have 99 in MP3 with 4.2K behind. 2 limpers and I jam. Everyone folds and donkey limper (7K) uses up his entire time bank and calls with KJs. Jack on the flop. Bye bye! IGHN.

Didn't play any SNGs today. Was too tired after watching the Man U Celtic game. Sweet. 3-2. Man U is going to dominate all this season.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Not to be results oriented, but do you think pushing back with A3os was a good move with no read on the villian?
 
Yep, I think with no read, my push with A3o is not +EV. If I had Villain outchipped, perhaps this move would be better since we're on the bubble. I think that's my weakness, I tend to overdefend my blinds. Also, I need to readjust to MTT bubble play after playing solely SNGs in the past few weeks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?